OFFICE MALIEN DU TOURISME ET DE L’HÔTELLERIE (OMATHO)
Contacts : Djenné Office
Tel : (00223) 21 42 14 29
Mobile :(00223) 76 20 50 87
Email : [email protected]
The Head Office of OMATHO is in Bamako. There is a regional head quarter in each of the eight administrative regions of Mali. The Djenné office is a local branch of the regional head quarter in Mopti.
- Contact the Office of Tourism when you arrive ;
- Insist on seeing your guide’s professional card;
- Do not use the services of a child. Do not distribute gifts outside of the school.
- Before entering into any contract, seek advice with the Office of Tourism to avoid any disappointment.
- To seek out and to enhance the resources of tourism of the region.
- To monitor that the tourism and hotel sector respect the guidelines which have been put in place.
- To participate in the protection and the restoration of historic sites and monuments;
- To participate in the training and good professional conduct of the operators in the private sector.
- To be of service to professionals operating in the tourism sector in the area.
- To promote th tourism resources of the area on a National and International level.
- To study and to put forward every measure possible in order to promote the development of tourism and hospitality.
Ongoing Activities and Achievements:
- Participation in the scheme of a ‘tourism passport’ for the Mopti region.
- Participation in an awareness campaign directed towards the local population and the guides concerning the pillage of archaeological sites.
- Project of recycling of plastic waste.
- Support for a co-operative of women artisans ( recycling of plastic shoes
- Training sessions for the tourism guides and for the hotel employees.